Tuesday 19 July 2011

My Latest Reviews for 'His Leading Lady'

I was thrilled to receive two reviews (yesterday and today) from readers who downloaded my book on to their new Kindles and then took the time to write about it.  So I thought I'd share these with you. 

The first was from Michelle, a reader in the UK:
I started reading His Leading Lady yesterday and couldn't put it down until I'd finished it today. What a cleverly written story with many twists and turns. It's my first venture into the world of theatre and I thoroughly enjoyed the unfolding drama of actresses, directors, opening night nerves and the importance of financial sponsors. Oh, and if you happen to be a twin this might be of particular interest. This is a great read and I would thoroughly recommend it.

The second was from Jenn, in the USA:
Paula Martin shared with us snippets of her published book, His Leading Lady, on her blog. I have to say I was intrigued, because I do like to read romance novels. Paula’s snippets peaked my interest and she had me wanting to read the book before I bought my Kindle, so the anticipation built as each small snippet was put out on her posts.  Finally, I bought the Kindle and I purchased His Leading Lady. 
I will be quite honest and say that I was taken in by the first chapter and it was hard to put my Kindle down until I’d finished reading the entire novel!! Paula has brilliantly written a page turner that dives the reader head first into romance, intrigue and mystery, set in England’s Theatrical West End.

Jess Harper meets Kyle Drummond, a big time producer and director in theatre, for the first time in her shop. He delivers the news that her twin sister Lora, an actress in his next upcoming production, is missing. Kyle, somewhat arrogant, threatens to end Lora’s career in the West End, if she doesn’t return soon to fulfill her theatrical contract. Jess, unable to track down her twin’s whereabouts, realizes that she must make a decision to step up to the plate and try to save her sister’s career that she worked so hard to achieve. Jess doesn’t quite believe in her own abilities to fill these shoes, yet takes on the challenge until she can unravel the mystery behind her twin’s disappearance. In the process, she falls for Kyle, who has figured her out, only to later doubt the relationship was premised on the truth. Feelings of anger and mistrust between Kyle and Jess flare and yet the show must go on.

The musical theatre scene provides a perfect backdrop for this thrilling page turner. Paula does a wonderful job of introducing the reader to the ins and outs of the theatre business while keeping the story moving along at a quick pace and keeping the reader satisfied with a great romance story. This novel pulls you in and doesn’t let you go until you’ve read it through to the end—leaving the reader to want more at each page turn. If you are looking for a thrilling romance, look no further than His Leading Lady, I highly recommend it.

Thank you so much, Michelle and Jenn.  It's so gratifying to know that you've enjoyed my story, and I really appreciate your very kind words. 

And if these reviews have made you want to know more, check out the left side panel for more information about 'His Leading Lady' :-)  Or take a look at my website http://paulamartinromances.webs.com

5 comments:

  1. Hi,

    Congrats on such wonderful reviews! Every one counts for the publicity merry-go-round, and every one that hits Amazon is gold. ;)

    best
    F

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Francine, I'm over the moon about these reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great reviews, Paula. And not surprised! I loved this story the first time I read it. Not only is the story great, you're writing is clear and flows easily. Best of luck!

    Toni Lynn Cloutier

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much, Toni. You had more confidence in me than I had in myself :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the reviews Paula!

    Keep them coming...

    ReplyDelete